Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cherry & dark chocolate ice cream!!!

Time to use my ice cream maker for the first time! :D I'll let the pictures speak for themselves ;)
I started with whipping the cream... by hand... Then I chopped
I started with whipping the cream... by hand... Then I chopped some dark (50% cacao) chocolate. I just have to say I love my knife from Zwilling. It cost a bit but it is so worth it, it's a pleasure to cut with it!
TIP: I cut the chocolate on a piece of baking paper so it would be easier to transfer it from the cutting board to the mixing bowl :)


I used some home made cherry jam with whole cherries, and home made cherry cordial. Doesn't this look tasty? (I assure you it was hehe)

Finally putting the mixture into the ice cream maker... And licking the bowl (no picture of that!)

... Now the ice cream is in the fridge, I think I'll have it tomorrow, maybe I'll invite my grandparents over for dinner. Or I'll just eat it all myself haha! :)


2015 Edit: This recipe was made with lactose free dairy back in 2011. I'd love to make this again but then I would use soya whip or something else that is vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment