Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My own hummus!

Today I made hummus for the first time!
I used this recipe from Angela at ohsheglows.com . Actually I didn't have all the ingredients (as usual) so I made my own version, which was really tasty anyway! :)


This is the recipe for my version:
One can of precooked kidney beans (about 1½ cups or 250g)
7-8 teaspoons of squeezed lemon
2 drops of Louisiana hot sauce (didn't have any tabasco)
1 small teaspoon of salt, I used mineral salt with less sodium
2 teaspoons of garlic powder, since I didn't have any fresh cloves at home
a little olive oil & paprika powder for decoration :)

I can honestly say that I've never been a big fan of hummus... But this tasted really good! I ate it with some nachos, but then I cut up some carrots to sticks and ate that instead. It tasted SO good with carrots, so I totally recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment